With God, for others
We have a plan and a hope for Tenth Church to grow deeper with God and go wider for others. One way for you to move in this direction is by going on a Justice Journey. A Justice Journey is a 5 to 15-day intentional missional exposure that supports our strategic long-term partners in 3 locations: Cambodia, Mexico and the Pacific Northwest.
Find out more at a 15 minute presentation called JUST15.
Our vision for Justice Journeys is for everyone participating to grow deeper in spiritual formation through healthy relationships, and wider through giving time to serve others.
Our focus for Justice Journeys is on developing the capacity of our local and global partners. Each participant will apply their passions and skills alongside local community leaders.
Perhaps a Justice Journey is in your future...
What does a Justice Journey look like?
We spend quite a bit of time making sure our teams are prepared to go and serve–practically, relationally, and spiritually. While away, each team will have daily spiritual formation and debriefing times. On the field, we support our partners' needs and build leadership capacity. After returning home, team members learn to integrate their Justice Journey experiences through service and ongoing re-entry training.
UPCOMING JUSTICE JOURNEYS
Mexico: Ranch and Creation Care
- Mar 14-23, 2020 Spring Break optional 3 day add on
- Supporting Tenth’s vision for creation care, children and family ministry
- La Paz
- Cost $900 + air (adult)
$500 + air (child 10-19)
$300 + air (child under 10)
- More info
- Mexico Justice Journey Presentation
Vancouver, BC, Canada: Refugee Relationships
- July 31 to August 5, 2020
- Supporting Tenth’s vision for walking alongside refugee families
- Lower Mainland (Vancouver, New Westminster, Surrey BC)
- Cost tbd
- Info: coming
- October 23 – November 8, 2020
- Investing one week in spiritual formation followed by leading spiritual formation camp
- Phnom Penh, Kep
- Cost $3550 (includes $300 app fee / deposit)
- Application deadline: May 1, 2020
- Info: meeting January 26, 2020
- Justice Journeys that are longer than one week require a 6-month commitment to training, preparation, and debriefing.
- Our annual rhythm is:
- Mexico Justice Journey every Spring Break that is family-inclusive
- Cambodia Justice Journey starting on the last weekend of October
- Lower Mainland Justice Journey starting on the August 1 Long Weekend
- Pray – Ask God and those close to you about Justice Journey timing and location.
- Apply – Fill out an application form and submit your deposit.
- Prepare – Get ready for your journey by participating in all of the trainings, reading all of the books, and preparing your heart with God.
Interested? Fill out this brief form.
Questions? Email [email protected].