I was in Cambodia from Nov 1-18 with 18 friends (9 from Vancouver and 9 from Cambodia) serving our partners in various ways, including hosting spiritual retreats at the Alongsiders camp at Shalom Valley. You will hear from me and other team members as time goes on.
A few thoughts:
- Refugee Update: Much has happened with our newcomer friends and our refugee team as I was away. Great job Mim Wickett for leading the team so well, and thanks to Hannah for continuing to serve and support! For the latest update, check this out.
- Humbled: I am humbled by the faith and courage of young leaders and female leaders in Cambodia serving wholeheartedly in adversity. I am so grateful for our team as they served with compassion, led with conviction and walked humbly with God.
- Collage: The Cambodia picture collage that has been hanging in the Upper East Hall for the past few weeks was created by Ethan Cairns. Ethan was part of our last 2 Cambodia Journeys and currently is blessing some of our friends in Cambodia with his photography skills.
- Mexico: I have extended the deadline for the Spring Break Mexico Justice Journey to December 2 as I was not able to meet with all interested folks before I left for Cambodia.
- Participate: I encourage you to participate in Tenth's global work by reading our global stories, being part of Company Brunch /Fair Trade Christmas and praying for our 28 global workers, 10 Cambodia partners, and 7 other international partnerships.
NOTE: Picture is of the photo collage in the Upper East Hall at Tenth Mount Pleasant.