The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
1. Türkiye and Syria - Stand with the worldwide church in prayer for both of these countries that are suffering greatly from the earthquakes.
Our God of peace, bring your Shalom to the hearts of those who are troubled and your comfort to those who are mourning.
Our God who heals, Jehovah Rapha, bring healing to the bodies and souls of those who have been affected by this earthquake in any way. Source 24/7 Prayer
2. Refugees and Displaced People - in Ukraine, Pakistan, Lebanon where Tenth has partners.
God of peace, Jehovah-Shalom, bring your Shalom to the hearts of those who had a stress reaction to the earthquake and brought back memories of wars and tragedy.
3. Afghanistan and Afghans in Canada - Pray for peace in Afghanistan. This is a country that is fractured from within and has been abused by foreign powers and influences for decades. It has been a place of violence and human rights abuses. Pray for God's blessing of peace, protection, restoration, renewal, redemption, and hope for this country and for its people. In Canada, pray for Mim and our Tenth volunteers for wisdom, love, and strength as we walk alongside about 200 newcomers, mostly from Afghanistan. Pray for emotional and practical support, for families and friends to be protected back home, and for some of those family members to be united with family in Canada. Also pray for newly arrived Afghan Christians as they join the church in Canada.
4. Cambodia - Pray for faithfulness and fruitfulness in Tenth's partnerships like Alongsiders, DOVE, Chab Dai, Precious Women, Manna4Life, Raju, Extreme Love.
5. Tenth's 25 Global Workers - in 13 countries and 15 partners (10 in Cambodia). Pray for faithfulness & fruitfulness, gospel opportunities, healthy churches, humility and protection.
Upcoming corporate prayer times
Cambodia Catch-up and Pray: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 7pm - Be part of our next Cambodia update and prayer time on Zoom. Every 3rd Tuesday evenings.
Refugee Devotional and Prayer: Monday February 27, 2023, 7pm - Join us in praying for the current refugee situation, locally and globally. Every 4th Monday evenings.
Prayer for Global Partners - Every 2nd and 4th Saturday mornings.
Email Wanda at firstname.lastname@example.org for info.