The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
- Pray continually for those exploited in our world today. For trafficking victims and survivors globally, pray that they would find freedom and know what it is to be loved and valued, as they are made in the image of God. Don't lose hope, But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. Amos 5:24
- Refugees: Pray for newcomers to Canada that Tenth walks alongside, that they would feel supported and empowered by their communities.
- Continue to pray for our global partners as they navigate the uncertainty of COVID-19, especially those in Cambodia. To learn more about our partners in Cambodia, click here.
- Beirut, Lebanon: Pray for strength and resilience for the organizations that have stepped up to help, including FEAL and World Vision. Pray for the families who are experiencing devastating loss. To read Patrick's reflections on Beirut, click here.
- Pray scripture over any situation you may be going through, over any feeling of hopelessness. There is so much pain in the world, but our God hears our lament, and cries out against injustice with us.
Hear me, Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;
save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; have mercy on me, Lord,
for I call to you all day long.
Bring joy to your servant, Lord,
for I put my trust in you.
You, Lord, are forgiving and good,
abounding in love to all who call to you.
Hear my prayer, Lord;
listen to my cry for mercy.
When I am in distress, I call to you,
because you answer me.
If you would like to participate in a prayer call with one of the global missionaries or partners, please email Wanda at email@example.com.