The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
- Pray for the women, men, and children who are bought and sold in cycles of human trafficking. Pray for freedom from exploitation and slavery. Pray boldly, lifting vulnerable and at-risk populations to God.
- Pray for those who are on the front lines fighting trafficking, that they would be able to effectively address the unique forms of trafficking that have arisen during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pray for refugees and newcomers to Canada, that they would experience true safety and community. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: Love your neighbour as yourself (Galatians 5:14). Pray for God to show you how you can love your neighbours when they have a different experience of life than you.
- Pray for Zak! Zak is committed to his missionary work in Cambodia and is hoping to head back there soon, after his time of rest and healing in Vancouver. Pray for a safe return to Cambodia and for empowerment in the work he will be doing there with Extreme Love Ministries. Find out more about Zak here.
- Pray for the JUST58 film screening and discussion that Tenth Global is hosting on August 13! Pray that it would be a time of rich conversation, connection, and conviction as we learn more about the history of Cambodia.
If you would like to participate in a prayer call with one of the global missionaries or partners, please email Wanda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to register for the JUST58 film and discussion, click here.