Refugee Support Community News:
- New Afghan friends: We have welcomed a handful of Afghans over the past couple of weeks and anticipate many more arrivals in the months to come. Housing is always a challenge, but are so grateful for Tenth friends that have offered rooms and suites at reduced costs and have given generously their time and resources.
- Asylum Seekers: As a church, we walk alongside those seeking asylum in Canada. We are receiving countless requests for Tenth to sponsor families and friends. We are currently not sponsoring refugees, but are looking for other groups to help in this area.
- Afghan Response with Journey Home: Tenth has been working together with Journey Home in responding to the current Afghan refugee crisis. Learn more.
- Community Dinner: Over the warmer months of the pandemic, we had weekly community dinners in the park. As restrictions have lessened, we have restarted our in-person Community Dinners at the Royal Oak Ministry Centre in Burnaby. Email email@example.com if you would like an invitation.
- World Vision Afghanistan Update: Praying for a Beacon of Hope Amidst Afghanistan’s Darkness
- New rhythm: We will be changing our rhythm of sending a monthly Global newsletter and random refugee newsletters to a twice a month format where global and refugee content is combined.
- Info and prayer for refugees: Monday, October 25, and Monday, November 22. Register.
- Training for refugee settlement support: Saturday, November 20. Register.
- More stories!
- Give to refugee support
Thank you! We are able to walk alongside dozens of families and individuals seeking asylum in Vancouver because of the generous support of our Tenth community.