We have a creation care team that is active in our church community and the neighbourhood, trying to live out this mandate to care well for God’s world.
Here are some suggestions for you to take action today:
- Bookmark your Sunday service paperless program
- BYOC (bring your own cup/mug) to church to reduce the number of trees used to make cups
- Reduce single-use plastic outside and inside your home by bringing grocery bags, containers, cutlery, and by using biodegradable cleaning cloths and sponges
- Go on a field trip to A Rocha's Brooksdale Environmental Centre
- Join our Community Garden volunteer team
- Cultivate a healthy area for insects in your garden
- Sign up for A Rocha's Community Shared Agriculture program and receive the freshest, healthiest, in-season produce weekly
- Offset your carbon emission travel miles through a donation—we recommend Climate Stewards, which partners with A Rocha's work in Ghana and Uganda
Want to learn more?
Every year, we celebrate Good Seed Sunday in the spring.
Questions? Ask Deb.