The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
- Afghanistan - Pray for peace in Afghanistan. This is a country that is fractured from within and has been abused by foreign powers and influences for decades. It has been a place of violence and human rights abuses. Pray for God's blessing of peace, protection, restoration, renewal, redemption, and hope for this country and for its people.
- Afghans in Canada - Pray for Mim and our Tenth volunteers for wisdom, love, and strength as we walk alongside about 100 Afghans. Pray for emotional and practical support, for families and friends to be protected back home, and for some of those family members to be united with family in Canada.
- God to be a refuge - Pray for Afghan believers to seek unity. After centuries of war and revenge among different people groups, pray that the Church in Afghanistan would be known as a place where God forgives, and His followers seek and give forgiveness to others.
- Refugee team - As the needs and opportunities increase, pray for more people to take on key volunteer roles ranging from settlement to community to dinner support, to donation management.
- The rest of our Refugee Community - Still in a pandemic and our newcomer friends from other nations continue to need community support.
Upcoming corporate prayer times: