The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
- Afghanistan - Pray for peace in Afghanistan. This is a country that is fractured from within and has been abused by foreign powers and influences for decades. It has been a place of violence and human rights abuses. Pray for God's blessing of peace, protection, restoration, renewal, redemption, and hope for this country and for its people.
- Afghans in Canada - Pray for Mim, Tess, and our Tenth volunteers for wisdom, love and strength as we walk alongside 80+ Afghans. Pray for emotional and practical support, for families and friends to be protected back home and for some of those family members to be united with family in Canada.
- Christian Afghans - Pray for Afghan believers to seek unity. After centuries of war and revenge among different people groups, pray that the Church in Afghanistan would be known as a place where God forgives, and His followers seek and give forgiveness to others. Pray for opportunities for believers to
forgive their families, their neighbors, and even their enemies.
- Cambodia – Pray for Raju and our other Cambodia partners to continue bringing the encouragement of the Holy Spirit to the communities they serve in light of ongoing COVID-19 related unemployment.
- Truth and Reconciliation and Indigenous Children - pray through this prayer guide created by the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
Upcoming corporate prayer times:
The picture above was taken in 2018 at Shalom Valley in Kep when Tenth Justice Journey put in a few days of physical work while doing the spiritual work of prayer. We prayed that God would make a way to have 10 bungalows on site where we were praying. We found out this week that God worked miracles in providing the permits, and that the construction of the bungalows was nearing completion.