The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
- Please pray for the asylum seekers that Tenth is currently walking alongside in Vancouver. Many are isolated, unable to work, and grieving losses in their home countries. All are smart, industrious and thoughtful people who enjoy engaging with our company.
- Pray for students in Cambodia. Many schools are still closed, or closed again, and as families struggle to make ends meet, school is difficult to prioritize.
- Pray for women in Cambodia who are exploited. Pray for their safety in uncertainty. Pray that there would be a dramatic shift in employment opportunities, and pray that women would know that no matter what their job is, the are inherently worthy and valuable, as they are created in the image of God.
- Pray that God would “use our present suffering to prepare us for future glory." Pray these words spoken by our friend Makara over your life, and over every trial, every instance of injustice and grief in the world.
- Pray a prayer of gratitude! In the face of injustice and hopelessness, a prayer of gratitude is sometimes the most powerful prayer to pray, to remind ourselves of the love in our lives. Allow yourself to feel the significance of the reality that people all over the world are praying this prayer alongside you today.
('thank you very much,' an expression of gratitude in Khmer)
If you would like to participate in a prayer call with one of the global missionaries or partners, please email Wanda at email@example.com.