The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration (plus one):
- Pray for Manna4Life. Specific requests from Kevin and Leakhena Knight include financial support and provision for students attending Glory School. Pray for Glory School to be able to run smoothly while operating amidst new government rules. Pray for Manna4Life team members who are facing specific challenges this year, for comfort and strength.
- Pray for empathy. Pray that God would open up your heart to the experiences and worldviews of those around you. We all have a different experience of life - pray that God would reveal the beauty of this to you and differences in opinion or life experience would not impede the possibilities of connection that you encounter each and every day.
- Pray for those who feel isolated, or like they don't have a place to belong. Pray for those who have been excluded and alienated by the church as an institution, to find loving connections and community that accepts them for who they are. Ask God how you can embody a welcoming and accepting presence.
- Pray for Mi'kmaq. Injustice doesn't just happen outside our country's borders - currently, Indigneous people's rights are under violent attack in Nova Scotia's fishing industry. Pray for the protection of those protesting to protect these rights, and pray for Mi'kmaq who have been directly impacted by these attacks on their property and rights to fish freely.
- Continue to pray for refugees in our community. Pray for opportunities for connection and friendship, and for doors to be opened for education and employment.
- Finally, ask God to meet you in a place of rest. The world is overwhelming. Spend some time this week intentionally disconnected from media and the world and find new ways to connect with the Divine in this stillness.
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him... Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. Psalm 62
If you would like to participate in a prayer call with one of the global missionaries or partners, please email Wanda at [email protected]