The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
- Pray for leaders and politicians. The world is currently facing so many unprecedented and interconnected trials of human rights abuse, racism, economic crisis, and the impending threat of global warming. Pray for leaders to navigate this with integrity and grace, and for citizens to be empowered to take a stand for justice.
- Pray for healing. Pray for Indigenous communities who experienced the trauma of Residential Schools, and for generations still impacted by the violence of genocide and policies of assimilation. Ask God how you can be part of this healing, by educating yourself about the Canada’s colonial roots. Orange Shirt Day was this week, honouring victims and survivors of Residential Schools. If you would like to learn more about Orange Shirt Day, click here! Click here to find out how Tenth is involved in the work of reconciliation.
- Please continue to pray for Zak, as he has just arrived in Cambodia. Pray for the impact of his work with Extreme Love, doing the work of intercepting human trafficking in Cambodia. Pray for God’s wisdom as Zak and his community in Cambodia discern what is next in their discipleship ministry. Click here to hear more from Zak. Also, pray for our global partners as they navigate the uncertainty of the world right now. Pray especially those in Cambodia and in Mexico as they continue the fight for justice, no matter what the circumstances are.
- Continue to pray for refugees in our community. Pray for opportunities for connection and friendship, and for doors to be opened for education and employment.
- Finally, pray a prayer of gratitude and thanksgiving. Thank God for His steadfast love that never changes. Thank God that no matter what difficult circumstances we feel, and whatever hopelessness we feel, God is right there with us in the thick of it.
You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;
you are my God, I will extol you.
O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever.
If you would like to participate in a prayer call with one of the global missionaries or partners, please email Wanda at email@example.com.