The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
- Pray continually for students. For young children going to school around the world, for college students attending online classes. Pray for those graduating this year and entering a world of uncertainty. Pray for a deep curiosity in students and a desire to learn every day even though education looks different for so many this year.
- Pray for those without access to education around the world, pray against educational inequality, and the economic inequality it is so closely linked to. Pray especially for young girls - for the 31 million primary school age girls who are not in school.
- Pray for educators as they figure out strategies for teaching in a new way this year. Pray for their confidence and that that they would be supported and appreciated by their students. Do you know any teachers? Ask them how they're doing, and offer to pray for them!
- Continue to pray for our global partners as they navigate the uncertainty of the world right now. Pray especially those in Cambodia, many of whom are doing the work of discipleship and education. To learn more about our partners in Cambodia, click here.
- Pray for the mindest of a lifelong student, to always be seeking out new opportunities for learning and growth, for God to open your eyes and teach you something new about the world or His character this week.
What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Show me your ways, Lord,
teach me your paths.
If you would like to participate in a prayer call with one of the global missionaries or partners, please email Wanda at [email protected]