The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so that we can be quietly about our business of living simply in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live. 1 Timothy 1:1-3
Here are 5 items for your prayer consideration:
- Pray for newcomers to Canada. Pray that they would be embraced and empowered by community, and find new strength every day amidst the uncertainty of navigating a new home and the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Pray for politicians and leaders, that they would be filled with empathy and really listen to marginalized folks. Pray for racialized individuals, for hope and resilience. Ask God to empower you, and give you strength stand up to racism and oppression in our world.
- Pray for those facing homelessness in Vancouver. Pray for shelter, for protection, for community. It is easy to name problems far away in the world, but having Jesus' heart for international justice includes a heart for those who are disadvantaged in our own city. Jesus calls us to Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34.
- Please Continue to pray for our global partners as they navigate the uncertainty of COVID-19, especially those in Cambodia. To learn more about our partners in Cambodia, click here. If you would like to pray together on Zoom for leaders in Cambodia tonight (September 30), click here to register.
- Pray scripture over any situation you may be going through, over any feeling of hopelessness. There is so much pain in the world, but our God hears our lament and comforts us.
Comfort, comfort my people,
says your God.
Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
and proclaim to her
that her hard service has been completed,
that her sin has been paid for,
that she has received from the Lord’s hand
double for all her sins.
A voice of one calling:
“In the wilderness prepare
the way for the Lord[a];
make straight in the desert
a highway for our God.[b]
Every valley shall be raised up,
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
the rugged places a plain.
And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
and all people will see it together.
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
If you would like to participate in a prayer call with one of the global missionaries or partners, please email Wanda at [email protected]