As I listened to Tenth's online sermon July 18, I deeply resonated with the message about communal flourishing in a few ways.
- I have experienced first-hand how stewarding God’s creation through gardening can be greater than simply planning and tending. In the sermon, Daniel Whitehead said, When you think about it, a garden is a collection of features usually intentionally cultivated by people. And yet the collective effect is that something greater takes place in the garden as a whole.
- Perhaps God is inviting us into a space of collective flourishing where people and God can come together for something special. Daniel said that when a garden is done well, the space has a sense of unity and well-being ... where the agency of people and the sustaining power of God intersect and come together.
- If you are interested in communal flourishing around gardening and hospitality, may I suggest you consider joining us on July 31 for Just 1 Day - Mexico, Creation Care, and Hospitality?
What is Just 1 Day:
- Immersive one-day local and global journey into God's heart for justice
- Learning community, engaging in spiritual formation
- Hybrid of in-person connection with a local partner and virtual connection with a global partner
- Opportunity to wrestle with a justice issue and consider longer-term engagement with a Tenth partner or program
When: July 31, 9am to 5pm
Where: A Rocha – South Surrey
Why: Be part of a flourishing community while learning and practicing justice
Who: Why not you?
Watch video below to see what a Just 1 Day at A Rocha may be like.
Subscribe to the Tenth Global Newsletter to receive timely updates on Just 1 Day and other news in Local & Global missions
Just 1 Day Cambodia, Exploitation, and Beauty will be August 28.