We are looking for flexible, dependable team members to assist at Oasis Café. The goal is two-fold: to serve in various capacities to effectively run the café and to participate in the life of the community. The Oasis Café Volunteer is committed, flexible, a good communicator, and ready to assist. While at Oasis, the volunteer will encounter individuals of different backgrounds while learning from and serving alongside others.
- Contribute to the operations of Oasis Café by fulfilling various roles
- Participate in community by sharing a meal with others
- Help create a welcoming atmosphere for guests
- Attend available workshops to grow in soft and hard skills
- A person who is friendly, approachable, patient, flexible, reliable, and punctual
- Ability to interact well with a variety of personalities, or a willingness to engage
- An interest in, and commitment to, working with and learning from others with different backgrounds
- Ability to work as a team player
- A willingness to listen and receive feedback
- Approved background check completed within the past 2 years (required to work alongside vulnerable populations)
- Certification in Food Safe Level 1 is an asset
- First Aid Level 1 is an asset
- Minimum once a month on Monday evening (4pm-8:30pm) or Tuesday afternoon (10am-2pm)
- Orientation workshop
- One other workshop a year to develop skills
The Oasis Café Volunteer reports to Tenth’s Oasis Program Manager
Volunteering with Oasis Café at Tenth Church
Tenth Church holds to a Christian worldview. Volunteers are not required to agree with all the beliefs of Tenth Church to serve with Oasis Café. However, in the spirit of unity, cooperation, and respect, we do ask that if you have opposing or divergent views that you refrain from speaking openly or privately about those views while volunteering.
Interested? Fill out an application here.