*image: Holy Week: An Emotional Primer
What does being scared mean? Show your best scared face. Where in your body do you feel scared (fear)?
Younger kids: Read the Bible passage from the illustration above.
Older kids: Help kids open their Bibles and read Matthew 27:32-37 and the illustration above.
- What makes you feel scared?
- Do you think Jesus was ever scared? Discuss, draw or write about it.
- Pray together.
- Saddleback Kids video | Jesus' Sacrifice
- Douglas Talks video | What To Do When You’re Afraid
- Holy Week: An Emotions Primer, author Danielle Hitchen & illustrator Jessica Blanchard
- 'Fear Not.'With Jesus in the Corona Virus Pandemic, Bill Gaultiere
- Meditation and Self-Care During Covid 19, by Hillary McBride
- The Sanctuary Course, offered for free until April 18
- The Whole Brain Child, by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.