Servant Partners is piloting a 3-month online Certificate of Community Transformation (CTC) this fall. Participants receive online training and then practice what they learn in their local under-resourced neighbourhood. It is 12 weeks long and is totally free! Training will take place during alternating weeks of online cohort and in-person engagement in their local context. Servant Partners will provide one-on-one coaching with experienced community transformation leaders trained in coaching. There is a requirement of 3 hours minimum of engagement per week either with the cohort or in community engagement.
The CTC is designed for:
- Leaders who desire mutual transformation with marginalized neighbours, instead of adopting a charity model
- Leaders ready for hands-on learning, co-creating innovative ministry approaches with neighbours
- Leaders discerning long-term work alongside urban marginalized communities
- Leaders who are eager to initiate potentially new relationships and can imagine co-creating a small responsive action with those in the community.
- Understand and practice deep listening (to God, the Community, and Self) as the central posture for effective community transformation
- Embrace the Biblical call to urban community transformation through our 9 Signs of a Transforming Community framework
- Engage spiritual practices that sustain incarnational community transformation by living out our Vision for Spirituality & Rule of Life
- Learn SP’s key strategies (encouraging Jesus communities, community organizing, leadership development, building partnerships) and how they could be used in their own context
- Develop and facilitate a community listening project that reveals community strengths and assets
- Design and launch a community-based project informed by the listening project
- Discern their personal contribution and next steps for incarnational community transformation
To learn more or to apply, visit: https://www.servantpartners.org/certificate