We live in a city in need of neighbours, especially now during the pandemic. Jesus taught us to love God and to love our neighbour. In the story of the Good Samaritan, he showed that a neighbour is someone who cares for people in need rather than turning a blind eye. We seek to show the love of God by loving our neighbours in practical ways. As Paul says in Galatians 6:2, “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
NeighbourCare is a group of people ready to offer practical help to our neighbours during COVID-19, helping to be the hands and feet of Jesus. NeighbourCare will match people who could use a hand with volunteers able to assist them.
Would you welcome some assistance during this time? You or someone you know might welcome a hand from a volunteer if you are:
· Have limited mobility or other challenges
· Serving on the frontlines of healthcare
· Recently travelled on an airplane and are in quarantine for 14 days
The types of assistance are as follows:
· Grocery/Shopping: grocery shopping, and/or doing online shopping by entering the orders into the store’s website
· Food Support: Using own vehicle, delivering food from a food bank
· Setting up for virtual connections (e.g. Zoom accounts) and/or acquiring tech to do so
If you are looking for assistance or wish to volunteer, please contact your site pastor to get connected to NeighbourCare.
Mt Pleasant: Pastor Craig Pagens | firstname.lastname@example.org
Evening: Pastor Laura Wiens | email@example.com
East Van: Pastor Alvin Ram | firstname.lastname@example.org
West Side: Pastor Dan Matheson | email@example.com
UBC Pt Grey: Pastors Anthony and Michele Yackel | firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com