This event will be held online via Zoom. Further details will be sent to all registrants prior to the event.
What can one person do to help another person hear from God and surrender their life more deeply to His Love? The answer is ... A LOT!!
The ancient practices of spiritual companionship and spiritual direction are being rediscovered by believers around the world seeking to complement their knowledge of Scripture and theology with a lived experience of encountering God. Doing this with others who help us by holding the silence, listening for God's still, small voice, and reflecting together with empathy and acceptance can bring deep fulfillment, encouragement, and increased confidence that we are discerning with clarity.
Join us for this evening where we celebrate the benefits of investing in spiritual companionship with others and explore the simple but profound ways in which providing spiritual direction can serve and form another believer. The evening will include teaching and opportunities for candid Q&A.
Topics and demonstrations will include:
- the difference between spiritual companionship and friendship, mentoring, pastoral care, counselling, and coaching
- staying focused on God from beginning to end
- discerning God's Voice and the nudge of the Holy Spirit
- managing our time together wisely
- the joys and struggles of being silent together
- how active, empathetic listening in the Spirit has the power to change lives
- powerful open-ended questions which encourage self-discovery
- abstaining from knowing, fixing, solving, advising
- how to discern if you are ready for spiritual companionship.
This workshop will be taught by Mark Anderson and Jeff Hawker, Tenth Evening's Associate Pastor.
Speaker: Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson is the former Pastoral Team Leader of Marineview Chapel Vancouver and now full-time Whole Life Coach and Spiritual Director. Mark serves leaders in business and ministry around the world, including some at Tenth!, by creating space to hear what God is saying and facilitating a deep surrender to His love. He is passionate about connecting our inner prayer experience with external relationships and practical advocacy for justice.